We heard Santa was coming to town and instead of traditional milk and cookies this holiday season, we think that cookies and cocktails might be better served when getting cozy next to the fire. Try these festive cocktail recipes paired with cookies for a deliciously festive gathering this holiday season.
Candy Cane Kahlua Hot Chocolate
Time for a fresh holiday twist on an old favorite – candy cane Kahlua hot chocolate! This richly flavored cocktail would be excellently paired with double dark chocolate cookies. Try this cocktail recipe for a cozy holiday movie night.
½ cup whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
3 tbsp. sipping chocolate
1/3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ½ oz. Kahlua
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm whole milk and heavy cream.
- Add 1 candy cane and stir until melted.
- Stir in sipping chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat, stir in Kahlua, and pour into glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes.
Cranberry mules are like cups of holiday cheer, especially when paired with decadent lemon French macaroons. Grab your copper mugs and add this mule recipe to your holiday hang outs.
2 oz. cranberry juice
2 oz. vodka
¼ cup lime juice, plus extra for garnish
3 oz. ginger beer
1 package of whole cranberries
- Combine cranberry juice, vodka and lime in a glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer, whole cranberries and garnish with a lime wedge.
Hot Buttered Rum
As the season gets chilly, hot buttered rum is perfect for warming up! Pair this holiday cocktail recipe with praline pecan cookies for a sweet addition to the holiday season.
Butter Rum Batter:
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups apple cider
1 cup rum
- Make the buttered rum batter: In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat ice cream and cinnamon, and then spoon into a large Mason jar or Tupperware container. Store in freezer until mostly hardened, about 2 hours (or store there until you’re ready to serve drinks).
- Make the drinks: In a large saucepan, heat cider until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a pitcher or easy-to-serve container.
- Place about 2 tbsp. of the buttered rum batter into each mug. Fill about 1/3 of the way up with rum, then top with hot apple cider. Stir and serve.
Salted Caramel Eggnog
Eggnog is a sign of the season and can be made even more delicious when paired with soft molasses cookies, especially when you turn this traditional holiday beverage into a delectable cocktail.
Caramel sauce, warmed
4 oz. egg nog
1 oz. spiced rum
Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Coat Inside of Irish whiskey glass with warm caramel sauce.
- Add eggnog, spiced rum, and a pinch of salt and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel, and freshly grated nutmeg.
Fireball Hot Toddies
This holiday cocktail will surely warm you up and cure any winter blues. Pair this delightful holiday beverage recipe with classic snickerdoodles when getting cozy in front of the fire this holiday season.
2 cups boiling water
¼ cup warm caramel
2 tsp. honey
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ cup Fireball Whiskey
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
- Bring water to a boil and dip glasses in caramel. Add honey to each glass and squeeze lemon juice. Pour over Fireball Whiskey and boiling water and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Top with cinnamon stick and star anise.
Are you ready to plan your holiday gathering with these great cookie and cocktail pairings? How about planning a vacation in SoCal at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, Carlsbad Seapointe Resort, or Grand Pacific Palisades? With full kitchens, it’s ideal for holiday cooking and gathering loved ones.